Let us help you with the heavy lifting.
Ready to level up? Review the resources below to create your best application. Deadline to apply is March 12, 2021.
Find out if you’re eligible.
All applicants should be:
- Pursuing a project that aims to use open contracting to promote an inclusive and effective recovery.
- A team with at least two key members: someone who can build political support and is skilled at navigating bureaucracy (what we call a Relationship Manager) and someone who can navigate the procurement system (what we refer to as a Procurement Expert); and, if the project requires a technology solution, a Technical Expert. We also require that one team member can serve as the Team Leader, who has the authority to coordinate the team and drive the project forward.
- A team that is cross-departmental or cross-organizational.
- Able to dedicate significant energy and time to this project so that you can pursue your idea and make consistent progress.
- Able to deliver the project with existing technical infrastructure and team capacity.
- Working in a country deemed “Good,” “Satisfactory,” “Problematic,” or “Difficult” by the Press Freedom Index 2020. See the Application Scoring Guide for details.).
- Have working-level English to benefit from group seminars and exchanges.
- Committed to participate fully in the 18-month program.
Get tips to ace the application.
The Lift application will be open for 8 weeks, until March 12, 2021. Read through the Lift Applicant Handbook and join our informational webinars for all of the ins-and-outs you’ll need to know before you apply. View the application questions here.
Get in touch.
Have more questions? Email Lift Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be scored up to a total of 25 points against the following key criteria:
The potential impact of the proposed project to improve the quality of public goods, works or services and the strength of the plan for achieving the project objectives
The team’s power to make change, including political buy-in and support from key stakeholders
The capacity of the core team to implement the project and mitigate challenges;
For a detailed breakdown of the scoring guidelines, see the Application Scoring Guide.
We have created a three step application process:
- Short written application, open to all.
- Long written application, invite-only. Up to 21 teams will be selected
- Interviews & exercise, invite-only. Up to 11 teams will be selected
Winners will be announced in June. Up to 7 teams will be selected to participate in Lift.
OCP staff will evaluate all short written applications. The long written applications will be shared with an advisory committee of non-OCP experts, who will review the applications and share insights with us.
If your team is not selected.
Lift is a highly competitive program. All applicants will be notified as soon as possible if they are not selected to move forward through the application process. We will also provide direct feedback on the submissions and identify alternative ways we can work with you.
Lift is just one way that we provide support to our partners. We also organize frequent community calls, which are advertised on our OCDS Google group, newsletter, Twitter and Facebook pages and social media. You can reach out to the OCP team at email@example.com if you have a question about the implementation of the data standard.
This is the stellar team who will evaluate our top applications.
Michael P. Cañares
Strategy Advisor, Step Up Consultants
Main Lead, Integrity & Digital Innovation at CAF – Development Bank of Latin America
Principal, Civic Empowerment, Luminate
Manager at Seznam.cz & former editor of the EU's procurement data standard
Project Leader, Government Performance Lab at the Harvard Kennedy School